Our Virtual Impact Program connects volunteers from across the globe with students throughout Latin America, who attend our after-school Virtual English Academy free of charge.
Applications are now open for our English Enrichment Volunteer position to serve young students enrolled in our Virtual English Academy during the fall of 2021. Gain teaching and leadership experience while impacting young students throughout Latin America. With 75 minutes of virtual service, one day a week, you'll provide our students the opportunity to practice English and gain confidence through small group activities. Join us as we bridge cultures digitally and inspire and empower each other to reach our full potential. All it takes is a computer, an internet connection, and a passion for service.
Knowledge of Spanish is not required for this virtual volunteer position, though it may be useful since most of our students are young beginners.
Previous experience is not required.
Fall 2021 Session
- October 2nd - November 26th (8 weeks)
- One day a week, Monday-Thursday
- 4:45 PM to 6:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
- Saturday, October 2nd, 2021
- 2 PM - 6 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Be 13 years of age or older (by September 2021)
- Be interested in learning teaching and leadership skills
Be a native or near-native English speaker
Be proficient in the use of Zoom (tutorials are available online)
Be available to commit to 75 minutes each week
- Have access to a computer or laptop (a phone or tablet is not sufficient for this position)
Have a strong and consistent internet connection
- Have a quiet place from which to volunteer
Knowledge of Spanish is not required for this virtual volunteer position, though it may be useful since most of our students are young beginners and we offer Spanish enrichment activities.
Previous experience is not required.
Participate in the Selection Process
- You may be asked for any of the following:
- Responses to questions via VideoAsk, Typeform, or email
- An interview over Zoom
- To lead a mock activity
- Additional information
- Make your deposit. A $100 donation is required as a deposit upon acceptance into the program
- Raise or directly donate your Minimum Program Donation
- An additional $300 raised or directly donated is required by September 25th, 2021
- Each virtual volunteer receives a personal fundraising page on our website
- All donations are tax-deductible for U.S. taxpayers
What is the Minimum Program Donation and why is it required?
Outreach360 is committed to providing powerful opportunities to students in Latin America at no cost to them or their families. This is made possible by our virtual volunteers who donate their time and commit to raising and donating the funds required to sponsor these programs.
You will gain invaluable teaching and leadership skills as well as experience working with children - specifically English Language Learners. Volunteering will also help you grow your creativity, adaptability, initiative, public speaking skills, confidence, and comfort working virtually - an increasingly prevalent skillset.
How will Outreach360 Virtual English Academy students benefit from my service?
English is a highly sought-after skill for our students and their communities. Opportunities to learn from native and near-native English speakers are few and far between, not to mention costly, so this is an unparalleled service you can offer. The time you spend with students will have an incredible impact on their education and inspire them to get excited about furthering their English learning. Not only that, but the program donation you raise provides this opportunity at no cost to our students' families. We can guarantee that taking time out of your week to practice English with our students will make a real difference.