At WCG, we work to grow Williamsburg's healthy community food ecosystem! Our mission is to educate the public regarding the benefits of producing and consuming locally grown produce; provide gardening space for individuals and organizations; promote healthy, sustainable lifestyles for the community; and demonstrate and promote conservation practices.
Join us at our garden located between Warhill High School and WISC for a couple of hours of farm work! We currently require minors to be accompanied by a parent/guardian while volunteering on the farm.
We are located 6 miles from W&M. Follow these steps to navigate the Williamsburg bus system to join us for volunteering and gardening:
- Enter "Williamsburg Community Growers" into your preferred navigation app.
- Pick up the #2 bus (Richmond Road line) at Wawa or One Tribe Place.
- At Walmart (final stop on the #2 bus), transfer to the #4 bus (Longhill Road line).
- Request stop at Harris Teeter (3rd stop from Walmart) by pulling the yellow cord.
- Walk across the parking lot and take the crosswalk over Centerville Road to Opportunity Way.
- Walk 15 minutes along Opportunity Way to the power lines, and then turn left to the garden.
We look forward to working with you! We truly appreciate our farm volunteers!